Call for Nominations
The Conference of Defence Associations and the CDA Institute, in collaboration with Vanguard Magazine, have created the Captain Nichola Goddard “Game Changer” Award to recognize and honour a young Canadian innovator and trailblazer who has made a significant contribution to Canadian security and defence.
Captain Nichola Goddard’s name was chosen for this new award because she was very much a game changer in her own right. Nichola was the first Canadian female soldier in a combat role killed in action (in Afghanistan on 17 May 2006). This award is about remembering Nichola’s vibrant spirit and celebrating other “Game Changers” who live by Canadian values of inclusivity, innovation, ethical leadership and commitment.
The nominee must:
Be a young Canadian who has made a significant contribution to Canadian security and defence through demonstrated dedication and service to the military, and/or to have published research in one of the many fields of security and defence, and/or for not-for-profit/charity work in support of the Canadian Armed Forces and/or Veterans.
- Only individuals may submit nominations. All nominations must consist of a clear summary of the reasons for the nomination (500 words or less), at least two letters of support, and examples of the nominee’s work. Electronic submissions are preferred.
- Submissions may be submitted in either of Canada’s official languages;
- Posthumous or self-nominations will not be accepted;
- Only the person selected and the nominator will be notified;
- All documents submitted as part of the submission will be kept at the CDA Institute national office and not returned to the nominator;
- Nominations must be received by 30 June 2018, and addressed to:
The “Game Changer” Award Selection Committee
Conference of Defence Associations Institute (CDA Institute)
151 Slater Street, Suite 412A
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H3, Canada
The Award, consisting of a trophy and a $1500.00 gift, will be presented to the recipient at the Graduate Student Symposium held in Kingston on 1-2 October 2018.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org