The CDA Institute’s publicly available research and publications stand at the core of our mandate to promote informed debate on national security and defence.
At the core of this mandate is conducting research by professionals to better inform Canadians about security and defence issues. In doing so we publish the following:
- Short opinion pieces and book reviews on The Forum
- A quarterly journal ON TRACK with articles by subject matter experts;
- An annual Strategic Outlook Paper that captures and analyzes the past year and forecasts future trends;
- Pre and post Federal Budget analyses that collect information from over a dozen official sources to access their impact on security and defence of the country;
- And a number of reports and peer-reviewed academic papers in our Vimy Papers series.
Our Research Approach
CDA Institute welcomes research proposals and unsolicited manuscripts. From graduate students to subject matter experts and experienced professionals, we encourage all to submit their manuscripts.
The CDA Institute is fortunate to have a breadth of talent in its committed Board of Directors. The composition of our board is balanced with members who have had distinguished careers as military officers and diplomats, as well as some of Canada’s top academics, business, and political leaders. Members of the board assist our Research Advisory Committee in guiding our overall research program. The guidance from both these bodies helps us to ensure the quality of everything that we publish and assists the Institute in meeting its unique mandate to deliver credible research on defence and security.
At the very core of the CDA Institute is the mandate to promote informed public debate on national security and defence issues—we thank you for your submissions that help us to achieve that goal.
For more information, please contact the CDA Institute’s Director of Research & Senior Editor, Dr. Meghan Fitzpatrick at email@example.com
Our 2017-2018 Strategic Sponsors
Premier Sponsor of the 2017 Vimy Award Gala Dinner
To join our sponsors in support of the CDA Institute’s activities, please contact Jennifer Giguere, the CDA Institute’s Director of Business Development and Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org