The CDA Institute is currently recruiting.
Research Communications Coordinator
In order to determine if you are right for our organization, please visit: https://cdainstitute.ca/ to find out about our programmes, publications, and mandate. Since the CDA Institute has a small staff, we are looking for a well rounded individual that will bring new skills to the team and add capacity in a variety of ways. You are encouraged to be creative in connecting how your background could provide a good fit with our objectives, within and beyond what we have written down below as the main thrust of the job description.
- Coordinate affiliated researchers (fellows and research clusters) in cooperation with the CDA Institute Associate Editors
- Facilitate peer-review processes in cooperation with the CDA Institute Associate Editors
- Outreach to potential new research contributors
- Write occasional press releases & media advisories in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate newsletters and joint programming with the CDA member associations (list here: http://cdacanada.ca/who-we-are-2/member-associations-associations-membres/) – For clarity, please note that the CDA and the CDA Institute are two distinct organizations and legal entities. This hire may be reporting to both.
- Design infographics for communicating the most up-to-date defence and security research to the greater public in cooperation with affiliated researchers and the Executive Director.
- Design and carry out online strategies for communicating the most up-to-date defence and security research to the greater public in cooperation with affiliated researchers and the executive director.
- Develop social media and web content & coordinate with Operations Coordinator for publishing
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Experience with and access to design software (i.e. Adobe Create Suite or other) – a portfolio may be asked.
- University education in a pertinent field: fine arts, design, communications, political science, economics, security studies, international relations, sociology, etc.
- Demonstration of a multifaceted skill set: i.e. candidates with a fine arts and design background will be asked to demonstrate their interest and knowledge world politics / candidates with arts and science background will be tested on their design and communications skills
- Excellent French language skills
- Creativity, direction, drive, and the ability to deliver with little supervision
- Event design (i.e. expert panels)
- Post-graduate education (especially with focus on international relations, international law, humanitarian work, and security)
- Experience working with veterans and/or with the Canadian Armed Forces – familiarity with the defence and security sector
- Profound care for and interest in the policies of Canada and our role in the world.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a short letter of intent and a copy of your CV no later than November 10, 2019 c/o Dr Youri Cormier, firstname.lastname@example.org.